The JPII School Board
The School Board of John Paul II Catholic School is made up of parents, educators, parish pastors and community members who are invested in shaping the future of our school and providing the best quality Catholic education to our students. The board meets monthly to discuss and make decisions about how to provide the best facilities, education, programming, policies, and marketing to benefit the entire school community, both current and future. The members of the board come from diverse backgrounds and represent the various parishes that make up the JPII community, as well as non-parishoner representation. We welcome the input of all of our JPII families.
Who sits on the School Board for the 2018-19 School Year?
1) Sam Merkle – Sam and his wife Madeleine have been parishioners of St. Clare since 2005 and are very excited to be a part of the JPII community. They have three children attending JPII, from PreK up to 6th grade. Sam is a lifelong local resident having graduated from Roger Bacon High School as well as The College of Mt. St. Joseph earning a degree in Business Administration. He is currently Head of Sales at WorldPay and has spent the past 15 years in various sales and sales management roles.
2) David Breda – St. Bartholomew. David and his wife Beth have a son in 8th grade at JPII. David received a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture Degree from the University of Cincinnati and has worked as an Architect for over 20 years.
3) Dan Starkey – Dan has been a member of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish for more than 25 years where he has coached grade school teams and watched his children Rob and Maria graduate from the school. Dan was recruited by Fr. Chris Coleman to serve on the Parish Council and the JPII School Board after 38 years of teaching and coaching at Roger Bacon High School where he was a Guidance Counselor, History teacher, and Health and Physical Education Teacher. Dan has retired from education but still coaches football at St. Bernard High School. Dan and wife Sarah are long-time Greenhills residents who enjoy spending much of their time with their six grandchildren.
4) Lynn Haley – Lynn has been a member of St. Clare Parish for 16 years, where she has served in a variety of ministries. She was a member of St. Clare Parish Council from 2012-2014. She has served on their Education Commission and has been co-chair of the Vacation Bible School program. She also assists in fundraisers for young family programming through the parish and serves as a Eucharistic Minister and FOCCUS facilitator for engaged couples. Lynn has been a licensed clinical psychologist since 2005. She and her husband Scott live in College Hill with their two sons, Nolan and Denny, who both attend JPII.
5) John Lamping – John has been a member of St. Clare Parish for 16 years. He was a member of St. Clare Parish Council from 2011-2015 and led events for families with school-aged children for 6 years. John and his wife Ann have two children. Emily is a current 8th grader and Adam is a JPII graduate. John has been an Intervention Specialist for 22 years. He began his career in special education at Colerain Elementary in the Northwest School District and has been with Cincinnati Public Schools for 16 years. He achieved National Board Certification in 2003 and has Lead Teacher Credentials with Cincinnati Public Schools. He currently teaches at College Hill Fundamental Academy.
6) Tanya Dempsey, OLR Tanya has 4 children who are either students or graduates of JPII. Tanya holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from the University of Cincinnati and works in the field of finance. She has been an active member of the JPII PTO as well as the finance committee at OLR.
7) Lisa Lee, non-parishioner representative – Lisa has three children in JPIICS, a PreK student, a 6th grader, and an 8th grader. She and her husband Ernest reside in Springfield Township. She earned a JD from the University of Cincinnati in 2000 and currently serves as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Butler County.
8) Mellen Moors-Dressing, St. Bartholomew
9) Father George Jacquemin, St. Clare – Fr. George is a graduate of St. Veronica grade school. He went on to attend St. Gregory Seminary, the Athenaeum of Ohio and Xavier University, attaining a Master’s Degree in Divinity and a Master’s Degree in Education. Fr. George was ordained as a diocesan priest in May of 1972. His parish assignments have included: St. Bernard, Winton Place, and Mother of Christ, Winton Terrace (1972-1984); St. Anthony Parish, Madisonville (1984-1997); and St. Clare Parish, College Hill (1997-present). Fr. George has served on many boards and committees, including the Terrace Guild, Madisonville Emergency Assistance Center, Cincinnati Union Bethel, the Madisonville YMCA Committee of Management, and the Archdiocesan Committee on Racism (co-chair)/ He presently serves on the board of Christ Community in College Hill and is a member of the College Hill Ministerium. Fr. George is also devoted to his beekeeping hobby.
10) Natalie Corzine Moore, St. James — Natalie is a graduate of Miami University and is currently a Web Content Manager at The Cincinnati Insurance Companies. Her daughter Cassie is an 8th grader at JPIICS, and her daughter Francie is a graduate of Mount Notre Dame Academy. She lives in Greenhills with her family.
11) Father Jerry Hiland, St. Bartholomew – Fr. Jerry has been a diocesan priest for over 30 years. Over this time he has served in various roles, including associate pastor at three different parishes, often pastoring 2-4 parishes at a time, archdiocesan historical archivist and consultant, board member of the Couple-to-Couple League for 20 years; leading workshops for seminarians on natural family planning and sexuality for 25 years, mentoring younger priests and seminarian interns, and served as high school chaplain, jail chaplain, orphanage chaplain, police chaplain, and hospital chaplain, just to name a few.
12) Joyce Kupfer-Mulderig, St. James – Joyce is a dentist in private practice locally. She is also very involved in the work of Magnified Giving, a non-profit educational organization in Cincinnati. She serves on the board of Magnified Giving and recently made a $1M gift to the organization in honor of her parents.
13) Amy Krajewski, St. Bartholomew — Amy and her husband Robert have been members at St. Bartholomew parish since 2007. They have two sons that both attend JPII, Adam in 8th grade and Ryan in 5th grade. Amy has a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Bowling Green State University and works in Research and Development at Procter & Gamble.
14) Matt Skinner, OLR
15) Norie Roach, Principal, JPIICS — I am the Principal at John Paul II Catholic School. I have been in Catholic education for over 27 years, 11 years as a Principal. My mission is to make sure all children and parents are welcome at JPII. I believe all children are God’s gifts and should be challenged to develop the talents God has given them. In our classes at JPII, the teachers, students, and parents work together to make sure the children grow in the Catholic faith. I am here to ensure you and your children have an exceptional faith-based educational experience.
16) Fr. Alex McCullough